PASA parents and athletes,
Thank you so much for your patience as we have worked to figure out the plan for fall. We are so excited to begin our Fall PASA season on August 31st! We will be running practices after September on a month-to-month basis. We will try our best to accommodate everyone. Registration will be first-come, first-served with limited space.
Due to COVID and our limited space with County guidelines, PASA this season will be members only.
This season, we will be running 5 different groups. All schedules included in the group descriptions are tentative.
The Pre-Comp Group is geared toward novice 8&unders. Athletes in this group must be able to swim one lap of freestyle independently. Swimmers will improve upon freestyle and backstroke and will develop an understanding of butterfly and breaststroke. This group will have practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-4 pm. These athletes will not participate in team meets* unless they have coach’s approval.
The Red Group is geared towards younger beginning and intermediate swimmers who have knowledge in all four strokes. Swimmers will continue to develop all four strokes, working toward proficiency in a 100 IM. This group will have practice Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3:30-4 pm. Participation in athletes’ first team meet(s)* will be encouraged.
The White Group will build off of their experience in the Red Group. Swimmers will work on 25s and 50s of all four strokes as well as 100s of IM and freestyle. This group is meant for beginning and intermediate 9-12 year-olds and advanced 7-8 year-olds. This group will practice Monday-Thursday 3:30-4:45 pm. Practices will start with 30 minutes of dryland followed by 45 minutes in the pool. Participation in some team meets* will be required.
The Black Group will introduce swimmers into higher demands of training. Proficiency in all four strokes is expected. Swimmers are expected to expand their comfort zone into 100s and 200s of stroke as well as long-distance freestyle. This group is geared toward advanced 11-14 year-olds and intermediate and beginning high schoolers. The Black Group will practice Monday-Thursday from 4:15-6 pm and 3:30-5 pm on Fridays. Practices will start with 30 minutes of dryland followed by 1.25 hours in the pool (1 hour on Fridays). Participation in most team meets* will be required.
The Advanced Group is geared toward swimmers for whom swimming is their primary sport and will consist of intermediate and advanced teenagers. Practice will be Monday-Thursday from 5:30-7:30 pm and 4:30-7 pm on Fridays. Practices will start with 30 mins of dryland followed by 1.5 hours in the pool (2 hours on Fridays). Each athlete will follow the coach’s season plan for meets*.
*When meets resume
Registration and Payment:
Registration is first-come, first-served with limited space, and will be through Swimtopia. Billing will occur monthly, and the annual USA Membership and t-shirt fee will be reflected on your first month’s bill.
- Please arrive on time, no more than 5 minutes in advance. Drop off will take place at the gate on the golf side.
- Each athlete will have an assigned lane and spot for their belongings (shoes, mask, towel, gear etc).
- Please bring a kickboard. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you. In addition to a kickboard, please bring a pair of fins. Here is the link to purchase fins and other gear
- Drop-off is highly encouraged, as we want to limit the number of people on the pool deck. However, there will be limited chairs available for watching practice. A mask must be worn at all times by parents on the pool deck.
- You must be on time to pick up your athlete(s). Pick up will take place at the gate on the tennis
- side. Parents must wait outside the gate for the athlete(s) to be brought to them. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask while waiting for your child.
The following rules must be observed at practice:
- Must enter from the golf side and exit from the tennis side
- 6 feet social distancing must be observed
- Face masks and shoes must be worn while not actively participating in programming
- Face masks must be worn during dryland
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes in advance to the pool deck and be on time for pick-up
- Locker rooms will be closed, and bathrooms are available for emergencies only. No towel service will be provided.
- Swimmers should come to the pool already changed into their swimsuit